Fujifilm EF-X500 Overview
Take advantage of high-speed sync, wireless control and triggering, and other advanced flash capabilities with the Fujifilm EF-X500 Flash for X-series cameras. Featuring a lower profile, this weather-resistant flash is compatible with Fuji’s TTL system, and a great option for the company’s compact mirrorless cameras. It offers a powerful guide number of 164′ at ISO 100 and 105mm settings as well as a zoom range of 24-105mm, equivalent to 16-70mm in APS-C lenses. A pull-out diffuser is available for expanding coverage to wider 20mm, or 10mm APS-C lenses. In keeping with hybrid stills/video camera designs, and offering an alternative fill light option to the pull-out bounce card built into the flash, is an LED light.
For bounce lighting, the EF-X500 can tilt from -10 to 90° and offers rotation left 135° and right 180°. A major addition to this flash is full wireless master and slave TTL functionality. It uses optical pulse communication to trigger and control remote EF-X500 flashes set up in one of four channels and within three groups. Additionally, the flash has a multi flash stroboscopic mode and runs on four AA batteries.
- Powerful guide number of 164′ at ISO 100 and 105mm
- Zoom range of 24-105mm in 35mm terms, or 16-70mm for APS-C format
- Pull-out diffuser offers support for 20mm optics and pull-out bounce card helps provide additional fill light
- Daylight-balanced color temperature of 5600K
- High-speed sync possible with select cameras
- Manual power control of 1/1 to 1/512 in 1/3 stop steps
- Multi repeating flash mode with setting of 1-500 Hz for 2-100 flashes
- Flash exposure compensation of -5 to +5 EV in 1/3 EV steps
- Requires master EF-X500 on the camera body for wireless operation
- Optical pulse communication has four channels and three groups
- Runs on four AA batteries of EF-BP1 battery pack