Aiming to be both compact and capable, the mirrorless storm black M1 Digital Camera from YI Technology will help users capture sharp, highly detailed stills and impressive UHD 4K video with ease. Equipped with a 20.2MP Sony IMX269 Micro Four Thirds CMOS sensor, photographers will be able to create images with vivid color and high resolutions at sensitivities up to ISO 25600 and at speeds of 5 fps. Bundled with the camera is a compact 12-40mm f/3.5-5.6 lens, which has an extremely versatile 24-80mm focal length for working in a vast variety of shooting situations, as well as a 42.5mm f/1.8 prime with an 85mm equivalent focal length that is ideal for portraits.
As part of the Micro Four Thirds system, the M1 can accept nearly any Micro Four Thirds lens. Also, the minimalist Arnitel thermoplastic body incorporates a 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD for intuitive and fast operation. Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.1 Low Energy help augment operation by allowing a direct connection to a smart device via a mobile app. This setup can be used to instantly transfer photos to your device as well as remotely control the camera. Ensuring subjects are in focus, the M1 uses a contrast-based AF system with 81 points. A flash can easily be equipped via the hot shoe located on the top of the body. Additionally, it features Master Guide templates to help make sure you are choosing the right settings for your shot.
20.2MP Sony IMX269 Image Sensor
The YI M1 is equipped with the Sony IMX269 image sensor, a 20.2MP 17.3 x 13mm Micro Four Thirds format sensor that is designed for maximum detail and accurate colors. It can work in a variety of shooting conditions thanks to a sensitivity range that reaches up to ISO 25600. This sensor can also help shooters work quickly, providing a maximum continuous shooting speed of up to 5 fps.
UHD 4K Video Recording
Capture highly detailed UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) video at 30p with the YI M1 mirrorless camera. Using H.264 compression, this camera can maintain high quality video at small data rates. Also, it has options for 2K (2048 x 1536) video at 30p, Full HD and HD video at 60p, 30p, and 24p, and an ultra-fast VGA (640 x 480) setting at 240 fps. Audio is recorded alongside video with a built-in stereo microphone and users will have access to digital stabilization during video recording.
Contrast-Detect AF System
Lock onto subjects quickly and accurately with the 81-point contrast-based AF system of the YI M1. It features both single-shot and continuous focus modes with a touchscreen focus & shoot mode also present. This system can work in dim lighting conditions with a rated illuminance range of -4 to 20 EV. Manual focus receives a boost in the M1 as well, with focus peaking and focus magnifier options available.
- Micro Four Thirds system camera allows it to use nearly any Micro Four Thirds mount lens.
- Made from a lightweight DSM Arnitel L-X07805 thermoplastic elastomer that is skin-friendly and smooth to the touch. This durable material features a textured finish with a scratch resistant coating.
- 0″ 1.04m-dot multi-touch touchscreen LCD with 720RGB x 480 resolution provides an intuitive form of operation.
- Two buttons on rear of camera with minimalist top plate.
- Hot shoe for mounted optional flash unit.
- Weighs only 9.9 oz with battery installed.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.1 Low Energy enable a direct connection between the camera and a smart device, allowing for instant transfer and wireless control via a mobile app.
- Image output setting of 50MP for automatically resizing image data to create an ultra-high resolution file.
- Panorama mode.
- Automatically create time-lapse videos with dedicated shooting mode.
- Accepts SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards up to 512GB.
- Battery is rated to provide up to 380 shots on a single charge.
YI 12-40mm f/3.5-5.6 & 42.5mm f/1.8 Lenses
With a wide-angle to short telephoto 24-80mm equivalent focal length, the YI 12-40mm f/3.5-5.6 lens bundled here with the camera will help users work in a wide range of shooting situations without needing to swap out lenses. The lens is extremely portable, thanks to a variable f/3.5-5.6 maximum aperture and it uses Extra Dispersion (ED) glass and four aspheric elements to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortion. Additionally, it has a minimum focus distance of 13.8″.
Alongside this zoom is a portrait-length prime, the 42.5mm f/1.8, with an equivalent focal length of 85mm. It is a flattering length for subjects and the wide aperture allows users to create a shallow depth-of-field, as well as work in low-light conditions. Also, the lens is equipped with a 0.5x macro mode, which allows users to focus as close as 9.8″.
In the Box
YI Technology M1 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 12-40mm & 42.5mm Lenses (Storm Black)
- 12-40mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens
- 42.5mm f/1.8 Lens
- 2 x Lens Caps
- Shoulder Strap
- Body Cap
- Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery Pack
- USB Cable
- USB AC Power Adapter