The EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens from Canon is a relatively light telephoto zoom lens offering a broad range of focal lengths from a single optic, with good optical quality and excellent autofocus performance from its ultrasonic (USM) motor. It has a circular aperture diaphragm to help create natural out-of-focus highlights, and its built-in image stabilizer allows you to handhold the lens at shutter speeds 3 steps slower than would otherwise be possible. This enables sharp imaging when shooting at telephoto lengths and even when shooting in low light. The two-mode stabilizer can be activated to only correct shake in the vertical axis for panning action when desired as well.
The lens’ USM AF is very quick, smooth and silent, and it features a zoom lock button that keeps the lens safe and secure when not in use or when being used at the shortest 70mm focal length setting. The EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 has Canon’s “Super Spectra” lens coatings for ideal flare-resistance, and is ideal for travel, sports, and general photographic applications.
- A versatile telephoto zoom lens for both film and digital cameras, it provides a wide focal range that can encompass portraiture and of course magnify distant subjects. When used on an APS-C format camera, its equivalent focal length range is 112-480mm.
- Two-mode optical image stabilization compensates for camera shake and enables shutter speeds 3-steps slower than would otherwise be possible without incurring image blur. Mode 2 is best used when tracking a moving subject.
- An ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) provides fast and silent AF action.
- UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) lens element reduces secondary spectrum aberration.
- Circular aperture diaphragm for natural-looking out of focus highlights
- Canon Super Spectra lens coatings to suppress flare and ghosting
- Zoom ring lock keeps zoom at 70mm and prevents lens ‘creeping’ during movement or even while shooting.